Ways to lower blood cholesterol : Cholesterol is an essential component of our body. It participates in the nervous system, hormone production, fat and new cell formation. But the problem becomes acute only when it becomes excessive in the blood as compared to the requirement.
Atherosclerosis is caused by high cholesterol. This causes the walls of blood vessels to become hard and narrow. Death can occur if not treated on time.
Ways to lower blood cholesterol
- Certain foods must be avoided. Like ghee, butter, meat fat, liver brain, fish roe, big fish head, big prawn, coconut, milk syrup, bone marrow, condensed milk, duck meat, cake, pudding, custard, ice cream, sweet, halwa, kheer, chicken skin
- Niacin helps lower cholesterol. It can be found in potato starch, green vegetables, fish and rice.
- 1 clove of raw garlic along with 20-25 raw soaked chickpeas can be eaten on an empty stomach.
- Make a habit of eating unsaturated fats. For example, different types of vegetable oil and fish oil.
- Chlorine, zinc, magnesium, calcium in mineral salts keep cholesterol under control. Care must be taken to ensure that these ingredients are balanced in the diet.
- Fish oil contains omega-3 fatty acids. It prevents blood clotting. For this, eating fish oil reduces the level of harmful blood fat LDL and it accumulates in the walls of the arteries.
- Cholesterol-free grains, tea, coffee, any fruit, vegetable, almond oil, soybean oil, fish oil, pulses, fish and egg whites.
Know good and bad cholesterol
Cholesterol is needed for the body. But many people have high levels of bad cholesterol or LDL cholesterol in their blood. Eating too much animal fat or saturated fat raises LDL. If there is too much of it in the blood, fatty deposits build up in the coronary arteries. The result is a heart attack. The good cholesterol HDL helps remove LDL from the blood.
The palm is the measure
eat out It is difficult to play more. Eat as much fish or meat as you can hold in the palm of your hand. A handful of fresh fruit. Nuts or cooked vegetables, rice or pasta in an open fist.
Put plenty of fruits and vegetables on the food plate. Omega 3—Eat fish. Oily fish is good. Start the day with whole grains. A bowl of oatmeal. Its fiber is very beneficial. Red flour bread and vegetables.
Can be breakfast with nuts. A handful of almonds, peanuts, cashews. The oil will be unsaturated. Canola, olive, sunflower oils are good. Ghee, not butter. Carbohydrates—beans, whole grains, red rice, red flour.
Be physically active
Exercise for half an hour five days a week. And three days a week is a bit strict. such as running. Brisk walking is very beneficial. No gym needed. Be active everywhere. Gardening, playing with children, housework.
Caution to eat out
Restaurant food is high in fat, calories, and salt. Choose baked, steamed, grilled food. But not fried. Eat half of the meal and take the rest in the box.
Manage stress or pressure. Do meditation, pranayama. take weight Maintain proper weight. Record the progress.